Tennessee Tech 54
(7-10, 3-7 away)
SIU Edwardsville 58
(5-9, 5-2 home)
Venue: Vadalabene Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||J Dillard 19
||J Dillard 7
||J Samarrippas 4
||J Jones 15
||D Shaffer 5
||R Reed 3
On Saturday, January 12th, SIU Edwardsville topped Tennessee Tech 58-54 in conference play. The Cougars were led by Derian Shaffer, who put up seven points plus five rebounds. Michael Messer had 14 points and added seven rebounds. Jud Dillard registered a double-double for the Golden Eagles on a game-high 29 points and 12 rebounds. The next game will be on Thursday, January 17th when SIU Edwardsville (5-9, 1-3 OVC) heads to Austin Peay (5-12, 1-2 OVC).
SIU Edwardsville Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:04 left to go.
- The last time SIUE started the season 5-9 was 2011.
- SIUE beat the spread by 3.0 points. That makes the 5th time this season the Cougars have beaten the spread.
- The Cougars have won 2 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, SIU Edwardsville has won 12 close games.
- SIU Edwardsville has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--SIUE has a 5.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Michael Messer and Jerome Jones) accounted for 46.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Michael Messer and Ray Lester) accounted for 40.6% of the rebounds.
- Michael Messer has led the team in scoring 3 times and in rebounding 3 times in 14 games this season.
- Michael Messer has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Michael Messer had a career high with 7 defensive rebounds.
- Jerome Jones has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Reggie Reed.
Tennessee Tech Game Notes
- Tennessee Tech lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Golden Eagles have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Tennessee Tech has lost 25 close games.
- Jud Dillard recorded a team season high in free throws made with 13, defensive rebounds with 12, and free throws attempted with 16.
- Jud Dillard accounted for 53.7% of the team's points.
- Jud Dillard accounted for 31.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Jud Dillard has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 12 times in 17 games this season.
- This marks the 28th 20-point game of Jud Dillard's career.
- Jud Dillard has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- Jud Dillard recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 22nd of his career.
- Jud Dillard set career highs with 13 free throws made and 12 defensive rebounds.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Dennis Ogbe.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Javon McKay.