(8-9, 0-6 away)
Venue: Don Haskins Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||E Pittman 14
||D Tinnon 9
||D Kane 7
||K Tucker 13
||J Bohannon 6
||J Streeter 5
On Saturday, January 12th, Texas-El Paso took on Marshall and topped the Thundering Herd 74-63 in C-USA action. The Miners were led by Jacques Streeter, who got 14 points plus seven assists. McKenzie Moore had 14 points and added seven rebounds. Jamir Hanner finished with eight points and four rebounds for the Thundering Herd. Next up for Texas-El Paso (8-6, 2-0 C-USA) is Houston Baptist (3-12, 0-2 Great West) on Monday, January 14th on their home court.
Texas-El Paso Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:55 left to go.
- The last time UTEP started the season 8-6 was 2006.
- UTEP beat the spread by 3.0 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Miners have beaten the spread.
- The Miners have won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after recording 23 or more field goals made.
- Texas-El Paso has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when its field goal percentage has been 47.9% or better.
- UTEP has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when opponents record 21 or fewer field goals made.
- UTEP has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) after holding an opponent to under 30.8% three-point percentage.
- This season Texas-El Paso has won 86% of the time (6-1) when John Bohannon has 13 points or more, 80% of the time (4-1) when Konner Tucker plays 33 minutes or more, and 100% of the time (6-0) when Jacques Streeter has 7 assists or more.
- The Miners have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--UTEP has a 9.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Konner Tucker and Jacques Streeter) accounted for 43.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (John Bohannon and McKenzie Moore) accounted for 46.8% of the rebounds.
- Konner Tucker has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 14 games this season.
- John Bohannon has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 14 games this season.
- Jacques Streeter has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Konner Tucker had a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
Marshall Game Notes
- Marshall lost and did not cover the spread.
- Dennis Tinnon accounted for 30.1% of the team's points.
- Dennis Tinnon has led the team in scoring 3 times in 17 games this season.
- Elijah Pittman has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 17 games this season.
- Dennis Tinnon set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
- D.D. Scarver has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Nigel Spikes.