Murray State 71
(12-4, 7-1 away)
Austin Peay 68
(5-13, 5-6 home)
Venue: Dunn Center
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, January 12, 2013
||I Canaan 21
||E Daniel 10
||I Canaan 3
||T Betran 17
||C Horton 6
||J Purvis 3
Murray State squared off with Austin Peay on Saturday, January 12th and just barely slipped by the Governors 71-68 in OVC action. Isaiah Canaan picked up his third straight game with 24 points or more for the Racers, scoring a team-high 26 points (4 Reb 4 Ast) in 37 minutes. Ed Daniel played his way to a double-double with 21 points and 13 rebounds. Travis Betran finished with a game-high 27 points (5 Ast 4 Reb 3 Stl) for the Governors, making 5 of 11 from three-point range. Murray State (12-4, 3-1 OVC) takes on Eastern Illinois (3-15, 0-5 OVC) on Thursday, January 17th on their home court.
Murray State Game Notes
- The Racers have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Murray State has won 27 close games.
- The Racers have won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after recording 40 or more rebounds.
- Murray State has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 40.7% field goal percentage.
- Murray State has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when opponents record 10 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Murray State has won 100% of the time (5-0) when Isaiah Canaan has 26 points or more, 100% of the time (6-0) when Brandon Garrett plays 31 minutes or more, and 86% of the time (6-1) when Ed Daniel has 13 rebounds or more.
- The Racers have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Isaiah Canaan accounted for 36.6% of the team's points.
- Ed Daniel accounted for 32.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Isaiah Canaan has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 16 games this season.
- Ed Daniel has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 16 games this season.
- This marks the 28th 20-point game of Isaiah Canaan's career.
- Isaiah Canaan has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Ed Daniel's career.
- Ed Daniel recorded a double-double. It was his 9th this season and 10th of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Stacy Wilson.
Austin Peay Game Notes
- The Governors have lost 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Austin Peay has lost 30 close games.
- Travis Betran recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 11.
- Travis Betran accounted for 39.7% of the team's points.
- Travis Betran has led the team in scoring 10 times in 18 games this season.
- Anthony Campbell has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 18 games this season.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of Travis Betran's career.
- Travis Betran has 4 straight 20+ point games.
- Anthony Campbell has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- Will Triggs has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Chris Horton.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Matt Hasse.