Texas A&M-CC 62
(2-12, 1-9 away)
(2-15, 1-4 home)
Venue: Montagne Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||W Nelson 14
||W Nelson 7
||J Jordan 5
||R Mitchell 10
||S Brown 6
||D Minor 3
On Saturday, January 12th, Lamar took on Texas A&M-Corpus Christi and got beat at home by the Islanders 62-56 in conference play. D.J. Muepo put up four points and four rebounds in the loss. Donley Minor had a team-high 13 points and added four assists. Johnathan Jordan registered a double-double for the Islanders on a game-high 15 points and 11 assists (5 Reb 3 Stl). This makes three losses in a row for the Cardinals. Lamar (2-15, 0-5 SLC) gets McNeese State (7-8, 1-4 SLC) on the road on Saturday, January 19th.
Lamar Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:01 left to go.
- Lamar has lost 100% of the time this season (0-8) after recording 56 or fewer total points.
- Lamar has lost 80% of the time this season (1-4) after committing 15 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition commits 10 or fewer turnovers this season, Lamar has lost 100% of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition records 10 or more steals this season, Lamar has lost 90% of the time (1-9).
- When the opposition records 15 or more assists this season, Lamar has lost 89% of the time (1-8).
- Lamar has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past 17 games.
- The top two scorers (Donley Minor and Stanford Brown) accounted for 44.6% of the points.
- Donley Minor has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 17 games this season.
- Stanford Brown has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 17 games this season.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Game Notes
- Johnathan Jordan recorded a team season high in assists with 11.
- The top two scorers (Johnathan Jordan and William Nelson) accounted for 45.1% of the points.
- William Nelson accounted for 31.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Johnathan Jordan has led the team in scoring 5 times in 14 games this season.
- William Nelson has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 14 games this season.
- This game was the 2nd double-digit assist game of Johnathan Jordan's career.
- Johnathan Jordan has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Johnathan Jordan recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 2nd of his career.
- Johnathan Jordan set a career high with 11 assists.
- Hameed Ali set a career high with a 67% field goal percentage.