Sacramento State 60
(8-6, 3-4 away)
Eastern Washington 53
(4-12, 4-4 home)
Venue: Reese Court
9:05PM ET / 6:05PM PT, January 12, 2013
||J Dickson 13
||K Veteto 6
||D Garrity 5
||J Crosgile 14
||V Jois 9
||J Crosgile 5
On Saturday, January 12th, Eastern Washington lost in front of the home crowd against Sacramento State 60-53 in conference play. Venky Jois put up 10 points and seven rebounds in the Eagles loss. Kevin Winford had a team-high 12 points. For the Hornets, John Dickson got eight points and 10 rebounds. Eastern Washington (4-12, 2-4 Big Sky) takes on North Dakota (5-10, 2-4 Big Sky) on Thursday, January 17th on the road.
Eastern Washington Game Notes
- The last time EWU started the season 4-12 was 2010.
- The Eagles have lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after having a three-point percentage of 31.8% or worse.
- Eastern Washington has lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after committing 12 or more turnovers.
- Eastern Washington has lost 86% of the time this season (1-6) after recording 7 or fewer three-pointers.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 43.6% or better this season, Eastern Washington has lost 100% of the time (0-11).
- When the opposition records 16 or more assists this season, Eastern Washington has lost 100% of the time (0-9).
- When the opposition commits 10 or fewer turnovers this season, Eastern Washington has lost 89% of the time (1-8).
- EWU set season lows for free throws made, rebounds, and total points.
- The Eagles have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 5 games.
- Eastern Washington has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 4th loss of the season where the Eagles opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--EWU has a -0.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Kevin Winford and Venky Jois) accounted for 41.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Venky Jois and Thomas Reuter) accounted for 40.7% of the rebounds.
- Venky Jois has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 16 games this season.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Parker Kelly.
- Martin Seiferth has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Sacramento State Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (John Dickson and Konner Veteto) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- John Dickson has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 14 games this season.
- Dylan Garrity has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Konner Veteto has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- John Dickson recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- John Dickson set a career high with 10 rebounds.