South Dakota 86
(7-11, 5-4 home)
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||T Staton 11
||F Chatmon 7
||E Tyler 3
||J Myles 15
||T Gruis 5
||J Myles 3
South Dakota faced off with Missouri-Kansas City on Saturday, January 12th and was beaten at home by the Kangaroos 90-86 in conference play. The Coyotes were led by Brandon Bos, who put up 19 points (7 Reb 4 Ast), with 15 coming from three-point range. Juevol Myles also had a decent showing, scoring a team-high 24 points. For the Kangaroos, Estan Tyler got a career-high 25 points, including 5-of-7 shooting from three-point range. The next game will be on Thursday, January 17th when South Dakota (7-11, 2-2 Summit League) goes to IPFW (8-11, 1-4 Summit League).
South Dakota Game Notes
- The last time USD started the season 7-11 was 2011.
- The Coyotes have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, South Dakota has lost 16 close games.
- South Dakota has lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after recording 3 or fewer steals.
- When the opposition records 90 or more total points this season, South Dakota has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 33 or more field goals made this season, South Dakota has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 16 or more assists this season, South Dakota has lost 80% of the time (2-8).
- The Coyotes set season highs for three-pointers and three-point percentage.
- The last time USD had a three-point percentage of 57.9% or higher was Mar 06, 2010 against Houston Baptist.
- USD set season lows for rebounds and turnovers.
- The Coyotes have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- South Dakota has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 1st loss of the season where the Coyotes opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--USD has a 3.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Juevol Myles and Brandon Bos) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- Brandon Bos accounted for 35.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Juevol Myles has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 18 games this season.
- Brandon Bos has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 18 games this season.
- Brandon Bos has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Juevol Myles's career.
- Juevol Myles has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Missouri-Kansas City Game Notes
- The Kangaroos won this one, but have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Missouri-Kansas City has lost 30 close games.
- Estan Tyler recorded a team season high in points with 25 and field goals made with 10.
- The top two scorers (Estan Tyler and Thomas Staton) accounted for 48.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Brad Reid and Fred Chatmon) accounted for 46.4% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (16) than the starters (10).
- The bench recorded more points (57) than the starters (33).
- Estan Tyler has led the team in scoring 6 times in 18 games this season.
- Brad Reid has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 18 games this season.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Fred Chatmon.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Estan Tyler's career.
- Estan Tyler set career highs with 25 points, 10 field goals made, a 77% field goal percentage, and 5 three-pointers.