(10) Missouri 49
(12-3, 3-2 away)
(13-2, 9-0 home)
Venue: Tad Smith Coliseum
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||J Brown 13
||J Brown 7
||P Pressey 5
||M Holloway 22
||R Buckner 10
||N Williams 2
Ole Miss squared off with No. 10 Missouri on Saturday, January 12th and pulled off an upset against the Tigers 64-49 in conference play. The Rebels were led by Murphy Holloway, who put up a game-high 22 points plus eight rebounds. Jarvis Summers got 12 points and added three rebounds. For the Tigers, Jabari Brown finished with a team-high 13 points and seven rebounds. Ole Miss (13-2, 2-0 SEC) takes on Vanderbilt (6-8, 0-2 SEC) on Tuesday, January 15th on the road.
Ole Miss Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:16 left to go.
- The last time Ole Miss started the season 13-2 was 1997.
- The win over Missouri extended the Ole Miss winning streak to 5 games.
- Ole Miss beat the spread by 10.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Rebels have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, Ole Miss played 19 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 5-14.
- The Rebels have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 13 or more steals.
- Ole Miss has won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after committing 12 or fewer turnovers.
- Ole Miss has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record 21 or fewer field goals made.
- Ole Miss has won every game this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 36.8% field goal percentage.
- This season Ole Miss has won 85% of the time (11-2) when Marshall Henderson has 11 points or more, 75% of the time (6-2) when Murphy Holloway plays 31 minutes or more, and 83% of the time (5-1) when Reginald Buckner has 10 rebounds or more.
- Ole Miss set season lows for field goals made (22) and field goal percentage (0.393).
- The Rebels have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--Ole Miss has a 27.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Murphy Holloway accounted for 34.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Reginald Buckner and Murphy Holloway) accounted for 48.6% of the rebounds.
- Murphy Holloway has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 15 games this season.
- Reginald Buckner has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 15 games this season.
- Reginald Buckner recorded the 26th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Murphy Holloway's career.
- Murphy Holloway has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- Marshall Henderson has 11 straight double-digit point games.
Missouri Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Jabari Brown and Keion Bell) accounted for 48.9% of the points.
- Phil Pressey has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Tony Criswell.