Fisher College 49
(0-2, 0-2 away)
Texas-Pan American 95
(9-10, 6-1 home)
Venue: UTPA Fieldhouse
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||B Provost 25
||B Provost 7
||B Provost 6
On an evening when they outshot the Falcons 54%-34%, Texas-Pan American punished Fisher College 95-49. The game lacked drama, as Texas-Pan American led 41-15 at the half and never allowed Fisher College back in it. The Broncs were led by Justin Leathers, who put up a game-high 15 points plus five rebounds. Jamal Dantzler had a season-high 15 points and added four rebounds. For the Falcons, Dana Hines got nine points and four rebounds. Next up for Texas-Pan American (9-10, 1-0 Great West) is Utah Valley University (8-9, 0-1 Great West) on Saturday, January 19th on their home court.
Texas-Pan American Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 12:53 left to go.
- Texas-Pan American started 9-10 during the 2007 and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- This was the 2nd blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, UTPA has been on the winning end of 9 blowout games.
- Texas-Pan American has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when its had a three-point percentage of 51.9% or better.
- The Broncs set season highs for three-pointers and total points.
- The last time UTPA recorded at least 14 three-pointers was Feb 12, 2008 against Cal State Bakersfield.
- The Broncs have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 6th game at home this season--UTPA has a 14.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Josh Cleveland recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with 7.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (28) than the starters (12).
- The bench recorded more points (52) than the starters (43).
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Hurley Johnson.
- Justin Leathers has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Provost has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Josh Cleveland recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
Fisher College Game Notes
- This was the 2nd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, FishCo has been on the losing end of 3 blowout games.