SC State 60
(4-11, 1-8 away)
Morgan State 76
(4-8, 1-2 home)
Venue: Hill Field House
4:30PM ET / 1:30PM PT, January 12, 2013
||M Hezekiah 13
||M Hezekiah 8
||K Toombs 5
||D Jackson 14
||A Hubbard 6
||J Black 3
On Saturday, January 12th, Morgan State easily got past South Carolina State 76-60 in conference play. DeWayne Jackson played well for the Bears and got 13 points plus seven assists. Justin Black also had a strong outing, scoring a team-high 17 points and adding four rebounds. For the Bulldogs, Khalif Toombs got a game-high 19 points. The next game will be on Monday, January 14th when Morgan State (4-8, 1-0 MEAC) hosts Savannah State (7-9, 1-0 MEAC).
Morgan State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:02 left to go.
- The last time Morgan State started the season 4-8 was 2003.
- The Bears set season highs for assists, field goals made, and field goal percentage.
- The last time Morgan State recorded at least 20 assists was Mar 10, 2010 against North Carolina A&T.
- The top two scorers (Justin Black and Ian Chiles) accounted for 40.7% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Ian Chiles and Shaquille Duncan) accounted for 41.6% of the rebounds.
- Justin Black has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 12 games this season.
- Ian Chiles has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 12 games this season.
- Justin Black has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- DeWayne Jackson has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- DeWayne Jackson had a career high with 7 assists.
- Ian Chiles has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Blake Bozeman had a career high with 6 assists.
South Carolina State Game Notes
- This loss extended the Bulldogs losing streak to 8 games.
- Khalif Toombs accounted for 31.6% of the team's points.
- Khalif Toombs has led the team in scoring 3 times in 15 games this season.
- Matthew Hezekiah has 6 straight double-digit point games.