Morehead State 52
(8-10, 1-8 away)
Eastern Kentucky 59
(14-3, 10-0 home)
Venue: Alumni Coliseum
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||M Chavis 11
||C Posthumus 6
||D Atkinson 5
||G Cosey 15
||T Johnson 4
||M DiNunno 4
Morehead State fell to Eastern Kentucky 59-52 in conference play on Saturday, January 12th. The Eagles got a double-double out of Drew Kelly with a game-high 13 points and 10 rebounds. Chad Posthumus had three points and added six rebounds. Tarius Johnson finished with 11 points and seven rebounds for the Colonels. The next game will be on Thursday, January 17th when Morehead State (8-10, 2-2 OVC) travels to Southeast Missouri State (10-8, 2-2 OVC).
Morehead State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:29 left to go.
- Morehead State started 8-10 during the 2011 and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- MSU beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 5th time this season the Eagles have beaten the spread.
- Morehead State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 52 or fewer total points.
- The Eagles have lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after having a field goal percentage of 37.3% or worse.
- Morehead State has lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after committing 22 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 35 or more rebounds this season, Morehead State has lost 80% of the time (2-8).
- The Eagles have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- The top two scorers (Drew Kelly and Bakari Turner) accounted for 46.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Drew Kelly and Chad Posthumus) accounted for 44.4% of the rebounds.
- Drew Kelly has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 18 games this season.
- Drew Kelly recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Drew Kelly has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Drew Kelly recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 3rd of his career.
- Drew Kelly had a career high with 10 rebounds.
Eastern Kentucky Game Notes
- Eastern Kentucky won, but did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Mike DiNunno and Tarius Johnson) accounted for 40.6% of the points.
- Mike DiNunno has led the team in scoring 9 times in 17 games this season.
- Tarius Johnson has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 17 games this season.
- Mike DiNunno has 7 straight double-digit point games.