(8-9, 3-5 away)
(3-14, 3-3 home)
Venue: Ross E. Templeton P.E. Center
7:45PM ET / 4:45PM PT, January 12, 2013
||D White 21
||D White 7
||T Freeman 6
||K Mutakabbir 14
||J Clyburn 6
||E Washington 5
Campbell squared off with Presbyterian on Saturday, January 12th and easily defeated the Blue Hose 62-46 in Big South action. The first half was competitive, with Campbell holding a 27-22 lead, but then the game got out of hand in the second half. Leek Leek paced the Fighting Camels and put up five points and six rebounds. Marvelle Harris had six points and added 13 rebounds. For the Blue Hose, Khalid Mutakabbir got a game-high 18 points. Campbell (8-9, 3-0 Big South) takes on Virginia Military Institute (8-7, 3-0 Big South) on Wednesday, January 16th on the road.
Campbell Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:26 left to go.
- Campbell started 8-9 during the 2007, 2006, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Presbyterian extended the Campbell winning streak to 5 games.
- The Fighting Camels have won 88% of the time this season (7-1) after recording 9 or more steals.
- This season Campbell has won 100% of the time (4-0) when Darius Leonard has 10 points or more and 83% of the time (5-1) when Trey Freeman has 4 free throws made or more.
- The Fighting Camels have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Marvelle Harris accounted for 37.1% of the team's rebounds.
- Trey Freeman has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 17 games this season.
- Marvelle Harris has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 17 games this season.
- Marvelle Harris recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Trey Freeman has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Darius Leonard has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Presbyterian Game Notes
- This loss extended the Blue Hose losing streak to 3 games.
- Khalid Mutakabbir accounted for 39.1% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (William Truss and Joshua Clyburn) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Khalid Mutakabbir has led the team in scoring 9 times in 17 games this season.
- William Truss has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 17 games this season.
- Khalid Mutakabbir has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- Jordan Downing has 3 straight double-digit point games.