Jacksonville State 61
(12-5, 7-3 away)
Eastern Illinois 55
(3-15, 3-7 home)
Venue: Lantz Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||D Rackley 14
||R Boggs 5
||B Williams 3
||J Piper 10
||S Blanford 5
||A Akers 4
On Saturday, January 12th, Eastern Illinois took on Jacksonville State and lost in front of the home crowd against the Gamecocks 61-55 in conference play. The Panthers got a team-high 10 points and seven rebounds from Sherman Blanford. Austin Akers had nine points and added five assists. For the Gamecocks, Brian Williams finished with 16 points and seven assists. Eastern Illinois (3-15, 0-5 OVC) takes on Murray State (11-4, 2-1 OVC) on Thursday, January 17th on the road.
Eastern Illinois Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:05 left to go.
- The last time EIU started the season 3-15 was 2003.
- Eastern Illinois has lost 100% of the time this season (0-9) after recording 55 or fewer total points.
- Eastern Illinois has lost 92% of the time this season (1-11) after committing 14 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 47.7% or better this season, Eastern Illinois has lost 100% of the time (0-10).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 35.3% or better this season, Eastern Illinois has lost 100% of the time (0-12).
- When the opposition records 13 or more assists this season, Eastern Illinois has lost 100% of the time (0-9).
- This is the 8th game at home this season--EIU has a -3.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Sherman Blanford has led the team in scoring 6 times and in rebounding 9 times in 18 games this season.
- Taylor Jones had career highs with a 100% field goal percentage and a 100% three-point percentage.
- Sherman Blanford has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Sherman Blanford.
Jacksonville State Game Notes
- Tarvin Gaines accounted for 36.0% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Ronnie Boggs and Brian Williams) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Tarvin Gaines has led the team in scoring 5 times in 17 games this season.
- Ronnie Boggs has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 17 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Tarvin Gaines's career.
- Tarvin Gaines has 3 straight double-digit point games.