(15-1, 5-1 away)
Oregon State 70
(10-6, 9-5 home)
Venue: Gill Coliseum
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||M Lyons 14
||K Tarczewski 5
||M Lyons 3
||R Nelson 15
||E Moreland 11
||J Burton 3
On Saturday, January 12th, No. 4 Arizona scored 30 points from three-point territory and got a win on the road against Oregon State 80-70 in conference action. Nick Johnson had a big game for the Wildcats and put up 14 points and six rebounds. Mark Lyons also had a strong showing, scoring 16 points and adding five rebounds. For the Beavers, Joe Burton finished with 15 points and eight rebounds. Next up for Arizona (15-1, 3-1 Pac 12) is Arizona State (13-2, 3-0 Pac 12) on Saturday, January 19th on the road.
Arizona Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:33 left to go.
- The last time Arizona started the season 15-1 was 2002.
- The Wildcats set a season high for blocks.
- The last time Arizona recorded at least 9 blocks was Nov 28, 2007 against Cal State Fullerton.
- The Wildcats have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Grant Jerrett recorded a team season high in blocks with 6.
- Solomon Hill has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 16 games this season.
- Brandon Ashley has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 16 games this season.
- Solomon Hill has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Solomon Hill had a career high with 5 three-pointers.
- Mark Lyons has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Oregon State Game Notes
- This loss extended the Beavers losing streak to 3 games.
- The top two scorers (Ahmad Starks and Joe Burton) accounted for 47.1% of the points.
- Devon Collier accounted for 40.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Ahmad Starks has led the team in scoring 5 times in 16 games this season.
- Devon Collier has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 16 games this season.
- Ahmad Starks has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Devon Collier recorded the 6th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Devon Collier has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Devon Collier recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 5th of his career.
- Devon Collier set career highs with 15 rebounds and 9 defensive rebounds.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Challe Barton.