Central Michigan 72
(8-7, 3-6 away)
(6-7, 4-1 home)
Venue: Savage Hall
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||K Randall 17
||J Simons 5
||C Fowler 5
||R Pearson 19
||R Pearson 6
||J Brown 5
On Saturday, January 12th, Toledo topped Central Michigan 76-72 in overtime. Julius Brown played well for the Rockets and put up a team-high 21 points and nine assists. Rian Pearson had 20 points and added four rebounds. Kyle Randall got a game-high 24 points and four assists for the Chippewas. Toledo (6-7, 2-0 MAC) gets Western Michigan (8-7, 0-2 MAC) on the road on Wednesday, January 16th.
Toledo Game Notes
- Toledo started 6-7 during the 2004 and 2001 seasons (since 1996).
- Toledo has played in 2 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Rockets have played in 7 overtime games with a record of 3-4.
- This season Toledo has won 83% of the time (5-1) when Rian Pearson has 20 points or more and 80% of the time (4-1) when Dominique Buckley has 4 field goals made or more.
- The Rockets set a season high for assists.
- The last time Toledo recorded at least 19 assists was Mar 13, 2012 against McNeese State.
- Toledo set a season low for turnovers.
- This is the 2nd win of the season where the Rockets came back after being down at halftime.
- Dominique Buckley recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 10.
- The top two scorers (Julius Brown and Rian Pearson) accounted for 53.9% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Julius Brown and Nathan Boothe) accounted for 40.6% of the rebounds.
- Julius Brown has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 13 games this season.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Julius Brown's career.
- Julius Brown had career highs with 7 rebounds and 7 defensive rebounds.
- This marks the 18th 20-point game of Rian Pearson's career.
- Rian Pearson has 12 straight double-digit point games.
Central Michigan Game Notes
- Kyle Randall recorded a team season high in field goals made with 9.
- Chris Fowler tallied a team season high in assists with 9.
- Kyle Randall accounted for 33.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Blake Hibbitts and John Simons) accounted for 40.5% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (18) than the starters (17).
- Kyle Randall has led the team in scoring 11 times in 15 games this season.
- Blake Hibbitts has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 15 games this season.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Kyle Randall's career.
- Kyle Randall has 10 straight double-digit point games.
|D||D. Richardson Jr.||16||1||2||0||1||0||3|