Robert Morris 70
(10-7, 6-5 away)
(6-11, 3-3 home)
Venue: Multipurpose Activity Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||V Jones 11
||R Johnson 6
||V Jones 5
||A Nicholas 14
||M Ware 5
||J Steele 3
On Saturday, January 12th, Robert Morris won big against Monmouth 70-55 in conference play. The Colonials got the win with seven points and 10 rebounds (6 Ast 4 Stl) from Russell Johnson. Lucky Jones had a game-high 18 points and added eight rebounds. For the Hawks, Andrew Nicholas got 13 points and seven rebounds. Robert Morris (10-7, 2-2 NEC) gets Sacred Heart (5-10, 3-1 NEC) on their home court on Thursday, January 17th.
Robert Morris Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:09 left to go.
- Robert Morris started 10-7 during the 2008 and 2005 seasons (since 1996).
- RMU has won 90% of the time this season (9-1) when opponents record 11 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Robert Morris has won 83% of the time (5-1) when Mike McFadden has 12 points or more, 80% of the time (4-1) when Coron Williams has 5 field goals made or more, and 80% of the time (4-1) when Lucky Jones has 8 rebounds or more.
- The Colonials set a season high for rebounds.
- The Colonials have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Lucky Jones and Coron Williams) accounted for 45.7% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Russell Johnson and Lucky Jones) accounted for 40.9% of the rebounds.
- Lucky Jones has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 17 games this season.
- Russell Johnson has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 17 games this season.
- Russell Johnson recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Russell Johnson had a career high with 6 assists.
- Lucky Jones had career highs with 18 points and 7 field goals made.
Monmouth Game Notes
- Jesse Steele accounted for 30.9% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Marcus Ware and Andrew Nicholas) accounted for 51.6% of the rebounds.
- Jesse Steele has led the team in scoring 4 times in 17 games this season.
- Marcus Ware has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 17 games this season.
- Andrew Nicholas has 6 straight double-digit point games.