Indiana State 71
(10-6, 4-5 away)
Southern Illinois 76
(8-8, 4-2 home)
Venue: SIU Arena
8:05PM ET / 5:05PM PT, January 12, 2013
||J Odum 14
||J Gant 5
||J Odum 4
||D Jackson 16
||J Early 7
||K Brown-Surles 2
On Saturday, January 12th, Southern Illinois took on Indiana State and came out on top against the Sycamores 76-71 in The Valley play. Desmar Jackson played well for the Salukis and put up a game-high 29 points plus eight rebounds. Jeff Early had seven points and added 13 rebounds. For the Sycamores, Jake Odum finished with 15 points and six assists. Southern Illinois (8-8, 1-4 The Valley) gets Bradley (10-7, 2-3 The Valley) on the road on Tuesday, January 15th.
Southern Illinois Game Notes
- Southern Illinois started 8-8 during the 2000, 1997, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- SIU beat the spread by 6.0 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Salukis have beaten the spread.
- The Salukis have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Southern Illinois has won 18 close games.
- Southern Illinois has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after committing 15 or fewer turnovers.
- The Salukis have won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after recording 9 or more steals.
- The Salukis set a season high for free throws made.
- The last time SIU recorded at least 32 free throws made was Dec 08, 2010 against Southeast Missouri State.
- SIU set season lows for assists and field goals made.
- Southern Illinois has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- Desmar Jackson recorded a team season high in free throws made with 12.
- Jeff Early tallied a team season high in rebounds with 13.
- Desmar Jackson accounted for 38.1% of the team's points.
- Jeff Early accounted for 36.1% of the team's rebounds.
- Desmar Jackson has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 16 games this season.
- Jeff Early has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 16 games this season.
- Jeff Early recorded the 7th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jeff Early had a career high with 13 rebounds.
- Anthony Beane Jr. has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Anthony Beane Jr..
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of Desmar Jackson's career.
- Desmar Jackson has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Desmar Jackson had a career high with 12 free throws made.
- Dantiel Daniels had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
Indiana State Game Notes
- Indiana State lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Sycamores have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Indiana State has lost 19 close games.
- Lucas Eitel recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 9.
- The top two scorers (Manny Arop and Jake Odum) accounted for 43.6% of the points.
- Manny Arop has led the team in scoring 6 times in 16 games this season.
- Khristian Smith has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 16 games this season.
- Jake Odum has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Manny Arop has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Justin Gant has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Justin Gant.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Devonte Brown.
|B-||A. Beane Jr.||29||11||6||0||0||0||2|