(12-3, 2-2 away)
Venue: Bartow Arena
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, January 12, 2013
||J Jackson 14
||D Stephens 6
||J Jackson 4
||R Rucker 14
||R Rucker 8
||T Jones 5
On Saturday, January 12th, Memphis smoked UAB 69-53 in C-USA action. Tarik Black secured a double-double in the win with 10 points and 13 rebounds. Adonis Thomas had a game-high 19 points and added nine rebounds. Rod Rucker registered a double-double for the Blazers with a team-high 16 points and 11 rebounds. The Tigers are on a five-game win streak. Memphis (12-3, 2-0 C-USA) gets Rice (3-11, 0-2 C-USA) on the road on Wednesday, January 16th.
Memphis Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:43 left to go.
- Memphis started 12-3 during the 2010, 2008, and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over UAB extended the Memphis winning streak to 6 games.
- Memphis beat the spread by 8.5 points. That makes the 5th time this season the Tigers have beaten the spread.
- Memphis has won 78% of the time this season (7-2) when its had a field goal percentage of 49.0% or better.
- Memphis has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 18 or fewer field goals made.
- This season Memphis has won 91% of the time (10-1) when Joe Jackson plays 31 minutes or more.
- Memphis set season lows for three-pointers and three-point percentage.
- The Tigers have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 11 games.
- D.J. Stephens recorded a team season high in blocks with 6.
- The top two scorers (Adonis Thomas and Joe Jackson) accounted for 52.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Tarik Black and Adonis Thomas) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Adonis Thomas has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 15 games this season.
- Tarik Black has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 15 games this season.
- Adonis Thomas had career highs with 19 points and 9 field goals made.
- Joe Jackson has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Chris Crawford.
- Tarik Black recorded the 7th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Tarik Black recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 6th of his career.
- Tarik Black had a career high with 13 rebounds.
UAB Game Notes
- UAB lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Blazers losing streak to 3 games.
- Rod Rucker recorded a team season high in blocks with 3 and field goals attempted with 21.
- Rod Rucker accounted for 30.1% of the team's points.
- Rod Rucker accounted for 32.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Rod Rucker has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 12 times in 17 games this season.
- Rod Rucker recorded the 8th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Rod Rucker has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Rod Rucker recorded a double-double. It was the 7th of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Jordan Swing.