(12-3, 2-2 away)
Venue: Bartow Arena
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, January 12, 2013
||J Jackson 14
||D Stephens 6
||J Jackson 4
||R Rucker 14
||R Rucker 8
||T Jones 5
UAB faced off with Memphis on Saturday, January 12th and was destroyed by the Tigers 69-53 in conference play. Rod Rucker earned a double-double in a losing effort including a team-high 16 points and 11 rebounds. Fahro Alihodzic scored 12 points and added five rebounds. Tarik Black got a double-double for the Tigers on 10 points and 13 rebounds. Next up for UAB (8-9, 0-2 C-USA) is Southern Miss (12-4, 2-0 C-USA) on Saturday, January 19th on the road.
UAB Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:43 left to go.
- The last time UAB started the season 8-9 was 2001.
- When the opposition records 20 or more free throws made this season, UAB has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 49.0% or better this season, UAB has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- UAB set season lows for assists, field goals made, three-pointers, and three-point percentage.
- UAB has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--UAB has a 12.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Rod Rucker recorded a team season high in blocks with 3 and field goals attempted with 21.
- Rod Rucker accounted for 30.1% of the team's points.
- Rod Rucker accounted for 32.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Rod Rucker has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 12 times in 17 games this season.
- Rod Rucker recorded the 8th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Rod Rucker has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Rod Rucker recorded a double-double. It was the 7th of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Jordan Swing.
Memphis Game Notes
- D.J. Stephens recorded a team season high in blocks with 6.
- The top two scorers (Adonis Thomas and Joe Jackson) accounted for 52.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Tarik Black and Adonis Thomas) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Adonis Thomas has led the team in scoring 4 times in 15 games this season.
- Tarik Black has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 15 games this season.
- Adonis Thomas set career highs with 19 points and 9 field goals made.
- Joe Jackson has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Chris Crawford.
- Tarik Black recorded the 7th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Tarik Black recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 6th of his career.
- Tarik Black set a career high with 13 rebounds.