East Carolina 88
(10-5, 9-1 home)
Venue: Williams Arena at Minges Coliseum
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||K Clanton 17
||K Clanton 9
||I Sykes 4
||M Kemp 17
||R Sampson 9
||M Paul 5
UCF allowed 30 points from three-point territory to East Carolina and was edged by the Pirates 88-85 in overtime on Saturday, January 12th. Keith Clanton put up a staggering 36 points and eight rebounds for the Knights. Tristan Spurlock played his way to a double-double with a career-high 23 points and 11 rebounds. For the Pirates, Maurice Kemp got a team-high 16 points and six rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl). UCF (11-5, 1-1 C-USA) gets Houston (11-3, 1-1 C-USA) on the road on Saturday, January 19th.
UCF Game Notes
- UCF has played in 1 overtime game this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Knights have played in 7 overtime games with a record of 2-5.
- The Knights set a season high for field goals made.
- The last time UCF recorded at least 37 field goals made was Nov 12, 2010 against West Florida.
- The Knights have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- This is the 2nd loss of the season where the Knights opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Keith Clanton recorded a team season high in points with 36, field goals made with 15, and field goals attempted with 19.
- Tristan Spurlock tallied a team season high in field goals attempted with 17.
- Keith Clanton accounted for 42.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Tristan Spurlock and Keith Clanton) accounted for 41.3% of the rebounds.
- Keith Clanton has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 16 games this season.
- Tristan Spurlock has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 16 games this season.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Tristan Spurlock's career.
- Tristan Spurlock has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Tristan Spurlock recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 3rd of his career.
- Tristan Spurlock had career highs with 23 points, 10 field goals made, 3 three-pointers, and 11 rebounds.
- This marks the 18th 20-point game of Keith Clanton's career.
- Keith Clanton has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Keith Clanton had career highs with 36 points and 15 field goals made.
East Carolina Game Notes
- Miguel Paul recorded a team season high in assists with 11.
- The top two rebounders (Robert Sampson and Ty Armstrong) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Maurice Kemp has led the team in scoring 12 times in 15 games this season.
- Robert Sampson has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 15 games this season.
- This game was the 4th double-digit assist game of Miguel Paul's career.
- Miguel Paul has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Miguel Paul recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 4th of his career.
- Robert Sampson recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Robert Sampson recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 6th of his career.
- Maurice Kemp has 8 straight double-digit point games.
|C||C. Newell Jr.||41||8||3||2||0||0||2|