Saint Joseph's 74
(9-5, 4-2 away)
(7-9, 6-2 home)
Venue: A.J. Palumbo Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||C Jones 14
||R Roberts Jr. 8
||C Wilson 3
||D Colter 13
||M Datt 6
||D Colter 5
St. Joseph's (PA) got a win on the road against Duquesne 74-66 in A-10 play on Saturday, January 12th. Ronald Roberts Jr. got 13 points and 11 rebounds for the Hawks, earning a double-double. Langston Galloway had a game-high 16 points and added six rebounds. Andre Marhold recorded a double-double for the Dukes on a team-high 13 points and 11 rebounds. This makes three wins in a row for the Hawks. The next game will be on Thursday, January 17th when St. Joseph's (PA) (9-4, 1-0 A-10) heads to Virginia Commonwealth (14-2, 2-0 A-10).
St. Joseph's (PA) Game Notes
- St. Joseph's (PA) started 9-5 during the 2007 and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- StJoe beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 5th time this season the Hawks have beaten the spread.
- The Hawks have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 74 or more total points.
- StJoe has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 29.2% three-point percentage.
- StJoe has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 10 or fewer assists.
- This season St. Joseph's (PA) has won 86% of the time (6-1) when Carl Jones has 15 points or more, 75% of the time (6-2) when Langston Galloway plays 37 minutes or more, and 71% of the time (5-2) when Ronald Roberts Jr. has 11 rebounds or more.
- The Hawks set season highs for blocks and free throws made.
- The last time StJoe recorded at least 10 blocks was Mar 14, 2012 against Northern Iowa.
- StJoe set a season low for turnovers.
- The Hawks have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 6 games.
- C.J. Aiken recorded a team season high in blocks with 7.
- The top two scorers (Langston Galloway and Carl Jones) accounted for 41.8% of the points.
- Ronald Roberts Jr. accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Langston Galloway has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 14 games this season.
- Ronald Roberts Jr. has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 14 games this season.
- Langston Galloway has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Ronald Roberts Jr. recorded the 13th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ronald Roberts Jr. has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Ronald Roberts Jr. recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 10th of his career.
Duquesne Game Notes
- Duquesne lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Dukes losing streak to 4 games.
- Andre Marhold recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 8.
- The top two rebounders (Andre Marhold and Mamadou Datt) accounted for 40.4% of the rebounds.
- Andre Marhold has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 16 games this season.
- Derrick Colter has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Sean Johnson has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Andre Marhold recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Andre Marhold recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Andre Marhold set career highs with 6 field goals made, 11 rebounds, and 8 defensive rebounds.
|A+||R. Roberts Jr.||36||13||11||4||0||2||1|