Grambling State 44
(0-14, 0-12 away)
Prairie View A&M 60
(6-11, 5-1 home)
Venue: William Nicks Building
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
|Prairie View A&M
||T Rose 15
||B Purvis 6
||D Copeland 3
|Prairie View A&M
||J DeMuynck 13
||J DeMuynck 5
||C Blair Jr 4
Prairie View A&M turned the ball over only seven times and punished Grambling State 60-44 in conference action on Saturday, January 12th. The Panthers were led by Jules Montgomery, who put up seven points plus seven rebounds. Josh Eleby had 12 points and added seven rebounds. Bryant Purvis recorded a double-double for the Tigers on a career-high 20 points and 11 rebounds. Prairie View A&M (6-10, 1-2 SWAC) gets Jackson State (1-12, 0-4 SWAC) at home on Monday, January 14th.
Prairie View A&M Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:04 left to go.
- Prairie View A&M started 6-11 during the 2011 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- PVAMU set a season low for turnovers.
- The Panthers have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Prairie View A&M has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 7 games.
- This is the 6th game at home this season--PVAMU has a 23.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Carl Blair Jr and Josh Eleby) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (18) than the starters (11).
- Carl Blair Jr has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 17 games this season.
- Jules Montgomery has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 17 games this season.
- Carl Blair Jr has 5 straight double-digit point games.
Grambling State Game Notes
- This loss extended the Tigers losing streak to 14 games.
- Bryant Purvis recorded a team season high in field goals made with 9 and defensive rebounds with 11.
- David Copeland tallied a team season high in assists with 9.
- Bryant Purvis accounted for 45.4% of the team's points.
- Bryant Purvis accounted for 32.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Bryant Purvis has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 14 games this season.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Bryant Purvis's career.
- Bryant Purvis recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
- Bryant Purvis set career highs with 20 points, 9 field goals made, 11 rebounds, and 11 defensive rebounds.
- David Copeland set a career high with 9 assists.
|A||Carl Blair Jr||30||18||3||1||0||0||0|