Grambling State 44
(0-14, 0-12 away)
Prairie View A&M 60
(6-11, 5-1 home)
Venue: William Nicks Building
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
|Prairie View A&M
||T Rose 15
||B Purvis 6
||D Copeland 3
|Prairie View A&M
||J DeMuynck 13
||J DeMuynck 5
||C Blair Jr 4
Grambling State lost big against Prairie View A&M 60-44 in conference play on a day when they turned the ball over 17 times. Bryant Purvis earned a double-double in a losing effort with a career-high 20 points and 11 rebounds. David Copeland had two points. Jules Montgomery got seven points and seven rebounds for the Panthers. Grambling State (0-14, 0-5 SWAC) heads to Texas Southern (3-13, 2-1 SWAC) on Monday, January 14th.
Grambling State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:04 left to go.
- GSU set a season low for blocks.
- The Tigers have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 14 games.
- Grambling State has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 13 games.
- Bryant Purvis recorded a team season high in field goals made with 9 and defensive rebounds with 11.
- David Copeland tallied a team season high in assists with 9.
- Bryant Purvis accounted for 45.4% of the team's points.
- Bryant Purvis accounted for 32.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Bryant Purvis has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 14 games this season.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Bryant Purvis's career.
- Bryant Purvis recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
- Bryant Purvis had career highs with 20 points, 9 field goals made, 11 rebounds, and 11 defensive rebounds.
- David Copeland had a career high with 9 assists.
Prairie View A&M Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Carl Blair Jr and Josh Eleby) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (18) than the starters (11).
- Carl Blair Jr has led the team in scoring 4 times in 17 games this season.
- Jules Montgomery has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 17 games this season.
- Carl Blair Jr has 5 straight double-digit point games.
|A||Carl Blair Jr||30||18||3||1||0||0||0|