CS Northridge 69
(9-8, 3-6 away)
UC Irvine 79
(9-9, 7-1 home)
Venue: Bren Events Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||S Hicks 17
||S Hicks 8
||J Greene 4
||D Starring 13
||A Folker 6
||A Young 4
Cal State Northridge was taken down by UC Irvine 79-69 in conference play on a night when the Anteaters shot 64% from the floor. Stephen Maxwell got a game-high 20 points and seven rebounds for the Matadors. Allan Guei had 11 points and added three rebounds. Will Davis II finished with 13 points and eight rebounds for the Anteaters. The next game will be on Thursday, January 17th when Cal State Northridge (9-8, 0-5 Big West) hosts UC Davis (4-9, 0-2 Big West).
Cal State Northridge Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:37 left to go.
- Cal State Northridge started 9-8 during the 2006, 2004, 2002, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- The Matadors have lost 80% of the time this season (1-4) after having a field goal percentage of 40.3% or worse.
- Cal State Northridge has lost 80% of the time this season (1-4) after recording 10 or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition records 30 or more field goals made this season, Cal State Northridge has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 79 or more total points this season, Cal State Northridge has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- When the opposition records 8 or more blocks this season, Cal State Northridge has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- Cal State Northridge has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 5 games.
- The top two scorers (Stephen Maxwell and Josh Greene) accounted for 50.7% of the points.
- Stephen Maxwell has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 6 times in 17 games this season.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Stephen Maxwell's career.
- Stephen Maxwell has 5 straight double-digit point games.
UC Irvine Game Notes
- Michael Wilder recorded a team season high in assists with 9.
- Alex Young tallied a team season high in assists with 9.
- The top two rebounders (Will Davis II and Michael Wilder) accounted for 46.6% of the rebounds.
- Adam Folker has led the team in scoring 5 times in 18 games this season.
- Will Davis II has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 18 games this season.
- Michael Wilder set a career high with 9 assists.
|A||Will Davis II||26||13||8||0||0||5||1|