CS Northridge 69
(9-8, 3-6 away)
UC Irvine 79
(9-9, 7-1 home)
Venue: Bren Events Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||S Hicks 17
||S Hicks 8
||J Greene 4
||D Starring 13
||A Folker 6
||A Young 4
On Saturday, January 12th, UC Irvine shot 64% from the floor and defeated Cal State Northridge 79-69 in conference action. Will Davis II led the Anteaters and put up 13 points and eight rebounds. Conor Clifford had eight points and added two rebounds. For the Matadors, Stephen Maxwell finished with a game-high 20 points and seven rebounds. The next game will be on Thursday, January 17th when UC Irvine (9-9, 3-2 Big West) heads to Cal State Fullerton (9-6, 2-1 Big West).
UC Irvine Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:37 left to go.
- The last time UCI started the season 9-9 was 2003.
- UCI beat the spread by 3.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Anteaters have beaten the spread.
- The Anteaters have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 8 or more blocks.
- UCI has won 78% of the time this season (7-2) when opponents record 12 or fewer assists.
- This season UC Irvine has won 71% of the time (5-2) when Michael Wilder has 6 rebounds or more.
- The Anteaters set season highs for field goal percentage, three-point percentage, and turnovers.
- The last time UCI had a field goal percentage of 63.8% or higher was Nov 11, 2005 against Mississippi Valley State.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--UCI has a 20.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Michael Wilder recorded a team season high in assists with 9.
- Alex Young tallied a team season high in assists with 9.
- The top two rebounders (Will Davis II and Michael Wilder) accounted for 46.6% of the rebounds.
- Adam Folker has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 18 games this season.
- Will Davis II has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 18 games this season.
- Michael Wilder had a career high with 9 assists.
Cal State Northridge Game Notes
- Cal State Northridge lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Matadors losing streak to 5 games.
- The top two scorers (Stephen Maxwell and Josh Greene) accounted for 50.7% of the points.
- Stephen Maxwell has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 6 times in 17 games this season.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Stephen Maxwell's career.
- Stephen Maxwell has 5 straight double-digit point games.
|A||Will Davis II||26||13||8||0||0||5||1|