Alabama State 57
(5-13, 1-11 away)
Alabama A&M 64
(7-9, 6-1 home)
Venue: Elmore Gym
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||J Freelove 12
||S Patterson 5
||D McDaniel 3
||D Tabb 12
||D Tabb 9
||J Crutcher 5
Alabama State fell to Alabama A&M 64-57 in conference play on Saturday, January 12th. Jamel Waters put up 12 points and four assists in a losing effort. Phillip Crawford had a team-high 16 points and added five rebounds. For the Bulldogs, Brandon Ellis got 14 points and eight rebounds. Alabama State (5-13, 3-2 SWAC) welcomes Southern University (11-6, 5-0 SWAC) on Saturday, January 19th.
Alabama State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:13 left to go.
- Alabama State started 5-13 during the 2010, 2006, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Alabama State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after recording 57 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.5% or better this season, Alabama State has lost 100% of the time (0-10).
- When the opposition records 20 or more free throws made this season, Alabama State has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 4 or more blocks this season, Alabama State has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- ASU set season lows for blocks, three-pointers, and three-point percentage.
- The top two scorers (Phillip Crawford and Jamel Waters) accounted for 49.1% of the points.
- Phillip Crawford has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 18 games this season.
- Stephawn Brown has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 18 games this season.
Alabama A&M Game Notes
- Demarquelle Tabb recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 13.
- The top two scorers (Demarquelle Tabb and Jeremy Crutcher) accounted for 51.5% of the points.
- Demarquelle Tabb has led the team in scoring 8 times in 16 games this season.
- Jeremy Crutcher has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Demarquelle Tabb has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Ellis set a career high with 8 rebounds.