Coastal Carolina 56
(7-7, 1-5 away)
(5-12, 4-5 home)
Venue: Vines Center
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||R Trapps 27
||R Trapps 8
||K Greenwood 4
||D Marshall 11
||J Coronado 8
||D Marshall 3
Coastal Carolina was taken down by Liberty 64-56 in conference play in a game where they mustered only 29% from the floor. The Chanticleers got a career-high 27 points and four rebounds from Kierre Greenwood. Michel Enanga had three points and added six rebounds. For the Flames, Joel Vander Pol got seven points and eight rebounds. Coastal Carolina (7-7, 2-1 Big South) goes to Gardner-Webb (9-7, 1-1 Big South) on Wednesday, January 16th.
Coastal Carolina Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:08 left to go.
- Coastal Carolina started 7-7 during the 2008, 2003, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Coastal Carolina has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 56 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 47.6% or better this season, Coastal Carolina has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- The Chanticleers set a season high for blocks.
- CCAR set season lows for assists, field goal percentage, and three-point percentage.
- The Chanticleers have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- Coastal Carolina has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Kierre Greenwood accounted for 48.2% of the team's points.
- Kierre Greenwood has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 14 games this season.
- El Hadji Ndieguene has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 14 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Kierre Greenwood's career.
- Kierre Greenwood has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Kierre Greenwood had career highs with 27 points and 9 field goals made.
Liberty Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Tomasz Gielo and John Caleb Sanders) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Joel Vander Pol and JR Coronado) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Tavares Speaks has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- John Caleb Sanders has 3 straight double-digit point games.
|A||Joel Vander Pol||16||7||8||0||1||1||2|