Coastal Carolina 56
(7-7, 1-5 away)
(5-12, 4-5 home)
Venue: Vines Center
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||R Trapps 27
||R Trapps 8
||K Greenwood 4
||D Marshall 11
||J Coronado 8
||D Marshall 3
On Saturday, January 12th, Liberty held Coastal Carolina to just 29% from the floor and topped the Chanticleers 64-56 in Big South action. Joel Vander Pol played well for the Flames and put up seven points plus eight rebounds. Tomasz Gielo had a career-high 19 points and added six rebounds. For the Chanticleers, Kierre Greenwood finished with a career-high 27 points and four rebounds. Liberty (5-12, 1-2 Big South) gets High Point (5-8, 1-1 Big South) on the road on Wednesday, January 16th.
Liberty Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:08 left to go.
- The last time Liberty started the season 5-12 was 2011.
- The Flames have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 17 or more free throws made.
- Liberty set a season low for steals.
- The Flames have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 4 games.
- Liberty has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--Liberty has a 7.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Tomasz Gielo and John Caleb Sanders) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Joel Vander Pol and JR Coronado) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Tavares Speaks has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- John Caleb Sanders has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Coastal Carolina Game Notes
- Kierre Greenwood accounted for 48.2% of the team's points.
- Kierre Greenwood has led the team in scoring 4 times in 14 games this season.
- El Hadji Ndieguene has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 14 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Kierre Greenwood's career.
- Kierre Greenwood has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Kierre Greenwood set career highs with 27 points and 9 field goals made.
|A||Joel Vander Pol||16||7||8||0||1||1||2|