Baylor defeated TCU 51-40 in Big 12 play on Saturday, January 12th. The Bears got the win with a game-high 15 points and five rebounds from Cory Jefferson. Rico Gathers got four points and added eight rebounds. For the Horned Frogs, Charles Hill Jr. got a season-high 12 points and eight rebounds. Next up for Baylor (11-4, 3-0 Big 12) is sixth-ranked Kansas (13-1, 2-0 Big 12) on Monday, January 14th on the road.
Baylor Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:55 left to go.
- The last time Baylor started the season 11-4 was 2001.
- The win over TCU extended the Baylor winning streak to 3 games.
- The Bears have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 7 or more blocks.
- Baylor has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when opponents record 4 or fewer three-pointers.
- This season Baylor has won 73% of the time (11-4) when Pierre Jackson has 11 points or more, 100% of the time (4-0) when Isaiah Austin plays 35 minutes or more, and 78% of the time (7-2) when Cory Jefferson has 6 field goals made or more.
- Baylor set season lows for field goals made, free throws made, three-pointers, and total points.
- This is the 2nd win of the season where the Bears came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--Baylor has a 12.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Cory Jefferson and Pierre Jackson) accounted for 50.9% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Isaiah Austin and Rico Gathers) accounted for 48.4% of the rebounds.
- Cory Jefferson has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 15 games this season.
- Isaiah Austin has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 15 games this season.
- Isaiah Austin has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Pierre Jackson has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- Cory Jefferson has 7 straight double-digit point games.
TCU Game Notes
- This loss extended the Horned Frogs losing streak to 3 games.
- The top two scorers (Charles Hill Jr. and Devonta Abron) accounted for 55.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Adrick McKinney and Charles Hill Jr.) accounted for 48.4% of the rebounds.
- Adrick McKinney has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 16 games this season.