Louisiana Tech 73
(14-3, 7-3 away)
Texas at San Antonio 71
(4-12, 1-5 home)
Venue: UTSA Convocation Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
|Texas at San Antonio
||R Appleby 14
||M Kyser 6
||K Smith 5
|Texas at San Antonio
||K Burrage 17
||J Hill 6
||M Hale III 3
On Saturday, January 12th, Texas-San Antonio took on Louisiana Tech and suffered a heartbreaking loss against the Bulldogs 73-71 in conference play. Kannon Burrage put up a career-high 29 points plus five rebounds in the loss. Jordan Sims had 16 points and added two rebounds. Kenyon McNeail finished with a career-high 34 points for the Bulldogs, making 9 of 15 from three-point range. Texas-San Antonio (4-11, 0-5 WAC) welcomes Texas State (4-14, 0-6 WAC) on Saturday, January 19th.
Texas-San Antonio Game Notes
- The last time UTSA started the season 4-12 was 2006.
- UTSA beat the spread by 7.0 points. That makes the 2nd time this season the Roadrunners have beaten the spread.
- The Roadrunners have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Texas-San Antonio has lost 26 close games.
- Texas-San Antonio has lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after recording 8 or fewer assists.
- The Roadrunners have lost 90% of the time this season (1-9) after having a field goal percentage of 40.7% or worse.
- Texas-San Antonio has lost 83% of the time this season (1-5) after committing 13 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 73 or more total points this season, Texas-San Antonio has lost 100% of the time (0-9).
- When the opposition records 26 or more field goals made this season, Texas-San Antonio has lost 100% of the time (0-9).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 47.3% or better this season, Texas-San Antonio has lost 100% of the time (0-9).
- The Roadrunners have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Texas-San Antonio has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 6 games.
- This is the 1st loss of the season where the Roadrunners opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Kannon Burrage accounted for 40.8% of the team's points.
- Kannon Burrage has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 16 games this season.
- Larry Wilkins has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 16 games this season.
- This marks the 9th 20-point game of Kannon Burrage's career.
- Kannon Burrage had career highs with 29 points and 9 field goals made.
Louisiana Tech Game Notes
- Louisiana Tech won, but did not cover the spread.
- Kenyon McNeail recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 9 and three pointers attempted with 15.
- Kenyon McNeail accounted for 46.5% of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more points (54) than the starters (19).
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Kenyon McNeail's career.
- Kenyon McNeail set career highs with 34 points, 11 field goals made, and 9 three-pointers.
|C+||M. Hale III||40||7||0||4||2||0||3|