Louisiana Tech 73
(14-3, 7-3 away)
Texas at San Antonio 71
(4-12, 1-5 home)
Venue: UTSA Convocation Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
|Texas at San Antonio
||R Appleby 14
||M Kyser 6
||K Smith 5
|Texas at San Antonio
||K Burrage 17
||J Hill 6
||M Hale III 3
On Saturday, January 12th, Louisiana Tech took on Texas-San Antonio and escaped the Roadrunners 73-71 in conference action. Kenyon McNeail put on a show for the Bulldogs and put up a career-high 34 points, sinking 9 of 15 from three-point range. Isaiah Massey had four points and added five rebounds. For the Roadrunners, Kannon Burrage finished with a career-high 29 points and five rebounds. Louisiana Tech (14-3, 5-0 WAC) welcomes Idaho (6-8, 2-2 WAC) on Thursday, January 17th.
Louisiana Tech Game Notes
- The win over Texas-San Antonio extended the Louisiana Tech winning streak to 6 games.
- The Bulldogs have won 4 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Louisiana Tech has won 30 close games.
- Louisiana Tech has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when its had a three-point percentage of 40.7% or better.
- Louisiana Tech has won 78% of the time this season (7-2) after committing 13 or fewer turnovers.
- LaTech has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when opponents record 22 or fewer field goals made.
- LaTech has won 100% of the time this season (8-0) after holding an opponent to under 40.7% field goal percentage.
- This season Louisiana Tech has won 86% of the time (12-2) when Kenneth Smith has 4 assists or more.
- The Bulldogs set a season high for three-pointers.
- The Bulldogs have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 4th win of the season where the Bulldogs came back after being down at halftime.
- Kenyon McNeail recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 9 and three pointers attempted with 15.
- Kenyon McNeail accounted for 46.5% of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more points (54) than the starters (19).
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Kenyon McNeail's career.
- Kenyon McNeail had career highs with 34 points, 11 field goals made, and 9 three-pointers.
Texas-San Antonio Game Notes
- The Roadrunners have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Texas-San Antonio has lost 26 close games.
- This loss extended the Roadrunners losing streak to 6 games.
- Kannon Burrage accounted for 40.8% of the team's points.
- Kannon Burrage has led the team in scoring 10 times in 16 games this season.
- Larry Wilkins has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 16 games this season.
- This marks the 9th 20-point game of Kannon Burrage's career.
- Kannon Burrage set career highs with 29 points and 9 field goals made.
|C+||M. Hale III||40||7||0||4||2||0||3|