(10-4, 5-3 away)
Northern Colorado 77
(3-11, 2-3 home)
Venue: Butler-Hancock Sports Pavilion
6:35PM ET / 3:35PM PT, January 12, 2013
||M Ward 15
||K Jamar 6
||W Cherry 5
||T Unruh 11
||D Barden 8
||T Svihovec 2
Montana squared off with Northern Colorado on Saturday, January 12th and got a victory on the road against the Bears 85-77 in conference play. Kareem Jamar had an impressive game for the Grizzlies and got a career-high 26 points plus six assists. Will Cherry had a season-high 21 points and added six assists. Derrick Barden recorded a double-double for the Bears with a season-high 21 points and 15 rebounds. Montana (10-4, 6-0 Big Sky) hosts Southern Utah (5-9, 3-2 Big Sky) on Thursday, January 17th.
Montana Game Notes
- Montana started 10-4 during the 2010 and 2009 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Northern Colorado extended the Montana winning streak to 6 games.
- UM beat the spread by 1.5 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Grizzlies have beaten the spread.
- The Grizzlies have won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after recording 4 or more blocks.
- UM has won 100% of the time this season (8-0) when opponents record 34 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Montana has won 83% of the time (5-1) when Mathias Ward has 17 points or more and 100% of the time (4-0) when Will Cherry has 4 free throws made or more.
- The Grizzlies set season highs for field goals made, field goal percentage, three-pointers, and total points.
- The last time UM had a field goal percentage of 55.6% or higher was Feb 18, 2012 against Hawaii.
- The Grizzlies have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Kareem Jamar accounted for 30.5% of the team's points.
- Kareem Jamar has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 14 games this season.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Kareem Jamar's career.
- Kareem Jamar has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Kareem Jamar had career highs with 26 points, 9 field goals made, and a 90% field goal percentage.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of Will Cherry's career.
- Will Cherry has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Mathias Ward has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Mathias Ward.
Northern Colorado Game Notes
- Northern Colorado lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Bears losing streak to 5 games.
- Derrick Barden recorded a team season high in rebounds with 15 and offensive rebounds with 8.
- The top two scorers (Derrick Barden and Tevin Svihovec) accounted for 51.9% of the points.
- Derrick Barden accounted for 44.1% of the team's rebounds.
- Derrick Barden has led the team in scoring 5 times and in rebounding 8 times in 14 games this season.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Derrick Barden's career.
- Derrick Barden has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Derrick Barden recorded a double-double. It was the 3rd of his career.
- Tate Unruh has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Tate Unruh.
- Tate Unruh set a career high with 5 three-pointers.
- Tevin Svihovec set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.