Montana State 73
(6-8, 1-6 away)
North Dakota 86
(5-10, 4-3 home)
Venue: Sioux Center
3:00PM ET / 12:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||C Moon 14
||P Egwuonwu 5
||A Biglow 3
||T Huff 16
||T Huff 7
||J Webb 3
North Dakota knocked off Montana State 86-73 in Big Sky play on Saturday, January 12th. The Fighting Sioux got a career-high 23 points (7 Ast 4 Reb) from Jamal Webb, with 15 points coming from three-point range. Troy Huff also had an outstanding outing, scoring 20 points and adding nine rebounds. Marcus Colbert finished with 11 points and seven rebounds for the Bobcats. Next up for North Dakota (5-10, 2-4 Big Sky) is Eastern Washington (4-11, 2-3 Big Sky) on Thursday, January 17th at home.
North Dakota Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:47 left to go.
- UND beat the spread by 9.0 points. That makes the 5th time this season the Fighting Sioux have beaten the spread.
- UND has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after holding an opponent to under 32.1% three-point percentage.
- The Fighting Sioux have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--UND has a 9.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Aaron Anderson recorded a team season high in free throws made with 11.
- The top two scorers (Jamal Webb and Troy Huff) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Troy Huff and Jordan Allard) accounted for 48.3% of the rebounds.
- Troy Huff has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 15 games this season.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Jamal Webb's career.
- Jamal Webb has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Jamal Webb had career highs with 23 points, 9 field goals made, 5 three-pointers, and a 100% three-point percentage.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Aaron Anderson's career.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Troy Huff's career.
- Troy Huff has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Doug Archer.
Montana State Game Notes
- Montana State lost and did not cover the spread.
- Christian Moon recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 5 and three pointers attempted with 11.
- The top two scorers (Christian Moon and Paul Egwuonwu) accounted for 50.6% of the points.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Christian Moon's career.
- Christian Moon has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Christian Moon set a career high with 8 field goals made.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Paul Egwuonwu.