Vanderbilt was destroyed by Arkansas 56-33 in conference play on an afternoon when they mustered only 25% from the floor. Sheldon Jeter put up a team-high eight points and four rebounds in the loss. James Siakam scored four points and added seven rebounds. For the Razorbacks, Marshawn Powell got a game-high 17 points and six rebounds. Vanderbilt (6-8, 0-2 SEC) gets Ole Miss (12-2, 1-0 SEC) at home on Tuesday, January 15th.
Vanderbilt Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:42 left to go.
- Vanderbilt has lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after recording 7 or fewer assists.
- The Commodores set a season high for turnovers.
- The last time Vandy recorded at least 26 turnovers was Nov 24, 2002 against Alabama A&M.
- Vandy set season lows for field goals made, three-pointers, and total points.
- Vanderbilt has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 9 games.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (17) than the starters (11).
Arkansas Game Notes
- Marshawn Powell recorded a team season high in steals with 6.
- Marshawn Powell accounted for 30.3% of the team's points.
- Marshawn Powell has led the team in scoring 6 times and in rebounding 7 times in 15 games this season.
- Marshawn Powell set career highs with a 89% field goal percentage and 6 steals.
- B.J. Young has 6 straight double-digit point games.