On a day when the Commodores shot just 25% from the floor, Arkansas trounced Vanderbilt 56-33 in SEC action. The Razorbacks were led by Marshawn Powell, who put up a game-high 17 points plus six rebounds. B.J. Young also had a strong outing, scoring 14 points and adding three rebounds. For the Commodores, Sheldon Jeter finished with a team-high eight points and four rebounds. Next up for Arkansas (10-5, 1-1 SEC) is Auburn (8-7, 2-0 SEC) on Wednesday, January 16th on their home court.
Arkansas Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:42 left to go.
- Arkansas started 10-5 during the 2001 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Arkansas beat the spread by 12.5 points. That makes the 3rd time this season the Razorbacks have beaten the spread.
- This was the 6th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Arkansas has been on the winning end of 32 blowout games.
- Arkansas has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 11 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Arkansas has won 71% of the time (5-2) when Marshawn Powell has 17 points or more.
- The Razorbacks set a season high for turnovers.
- The last time Arkansas recorded at least 16 turnovers was Feb 23, 2012 against Alabama.
- Arkansas set season lows for field goals made, three-pointers, and three-point percentage.
- The Razorbacks have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 7 games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--Arkansas has a 19.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Marshawn Powell recorded a team season high in steals with 6.
- Marshawn Powell accounted for 30.3% of the team's points.
- Marshawn Powell has led the team in scoring 6 times and in rebounding 7 times in 15 games this season.
- Marshawn Powell had career highs with a 89% field goal percentage and 6 steals.
- B.J. Young has 6 straight double-digit point games.
Vanderbilt Game Notes
- Vanderbilt lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 2nd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Vandy has been on the losing end of 6 blowout games.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (17) than the starters (11).