Eastern Michigan 44
(7-9, 0-7 away)
Bowling Green 46
(6-9, 6-2 home)
Venue: Stroh Center
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||D Thompson 11
||D Riley 6
||J Ross 3
||J Crawford 16
||A Calhoun 7
||J Crawford 3
In a low-scoring affair, Bowling Green got a slim victory over Eastern Michigan 46-44 in conference play. The Falcons got the win with a game-high 17 points and seven rebounds from A`uston Calhoun. Anthony Henderson got nine points and added three rebounds. For the Eagles, DaShonte Riley finished with seven points and 10 rebounds. Bowling Green (6-9, 1-1 MAC) goes to Miami (OH) (5-8, 0-1 MAC) on Wednesday, January 16th.
Bowling Green Game Notes
- Bowling Green started 6-9 during the 2010 and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- The Falcons have won 2 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Bowling Green has won 27 close games.
- The Falcons set a season high for turnovers.
- BGSU set a season low for total points.
- Bowling Green has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 2nd win of the season where the Falcons came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--BGSU has a 3.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- A`uston Calhoun accounted for 36.9% of the team's points.
- A`uston Calhoun has led the team in scoring 6 times and in rebounding 12 times in 15 games this season.
Eastern Michigan Game Notes
- The Eagles have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Eastern Michigan has lost 35 close games.
- This loss extended the Eagles losing streak to 4 games.
- J.R. Sims recorded a team season high in steals with 5.
- The top two scorers (Derek Thompson and DaShonte Riley) accounted for 40.9% of the points.
- Jamell Harris accounted for 32.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Derek Thompson has led the team in scoring 8 times in 16 games this season.
- Jamell Harris has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 16 games this season.
- Jamell Harris recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jamell Harris set a career high with 8 defensive rebounds.
- DaShonte Riley recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- DaShonte Riley set a career high with 5 offensive rebounds.
- J.R. Sims set a career high with 5 steals.