Nicholls State 65
(3-11, 1-9 away)
SE Louisiana 70
(5-9, 4-2 home)
Venue: University Center (LA)
5:00PM ET / 2:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||F Hunter 16
||F Hunter 7
||D Thomas 3
||B Fortenberry 13
||R Johnson 8
||D Evans 2
On Saturday, January 12th, Nicholls State was clipped by Southeastern Louisiana 70-65 in conference play. Fred Hunter secured a double-double for the Colonels including a game-high 22 points and 13 rebounds. Jeremy Smith had a career-high 19 points and added five rebounds. Roosevelt Johnson got a double-double for the Lions on 14 points and 14 rebounds. Nicholls State (3-11, 2-2 SLC) takes on Northwestern State (9-5, 3-1 SLC) on Thursday, January 17th on the road.
Nicholls State Game Notes
- Nicholls State started 3-11 during the 2002, 1999, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- The Colonels have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Nicholls State has lost 24 close games.
- Nicholls State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after recording 3 or fewer steals.
- Nicholls State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after committing 12 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 22 or more free throws made this season, Nicholls State has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition commits 11 or fewer turnovers this season, Nicholls State has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 70 or more total points this season, Nicholls State has lost 80% of the time (2-8).
- Nicholls State set season lows for three-pointers and three-point percentage.
- Nicholls State has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 6 games.
- Fred Hunter recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 10.
- Fred Hunter accounted for 33.8% of the team's points.
- Fred Hunter accounted for 39.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Fred Hunter has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 10 times in 14 games this season.
- This marks the 22nd 20-point game of Fred Hunter's career.
- Fred Hunter recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 6th of his career.
- Fred Hunter had a career high with 13 rebounds.
- Jeremy Smith had career highs with 19 points and 9 field goals made.
- Dantrell Thomas has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Southeastern Louisiana Game Notes
- The Lions won this one, but have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Southeastern Louisiana has lost 28 close games.
- The top two scorers (Brandon Fortenberry and Roosevelt Johnson) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- Roosevelt Johnson accounted for 45.1% of the team's rebounds.
- Brandon Fortenberry has led the team in scoring 6 times in 14 games this season.
- Roosevelt Johnson has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 14 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Brandon Fortenberry's career.
- Brandon Fortenberry has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Roosevelt Johnson recorded the 16th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Roosevelt Johnson has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Roosevelt Johnson recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 14th of his career.