South Dakota State thumped IPFW 83-57 in conference action on Saturday, January 12th. South Dakota State took a small 34-31 lead into the locker room at halftime, and then finished IPFW off with a big second half. Nate Wolters was exceptional for the Jackrabbits and put up a game-high 29 points plus three rebounds. Marcus Heemstra had 12 points and added three rebounds. Joe Reed finished with a season-high 15 points and six rebounds for the Mastodons. Next up for South Dakota State (13-6, 3-2 Summit League) is Western Illinois (14-3, 5-0 Summit League) on Thursday, January 17th on the road.
South Dakota State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:42 left to go.
- SDSU beat the spread by 14.0 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Jackrabbits have beaten the spread.
- This was the 3rd blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, SDSU has been on the winning end of 30 blowout games.
- The Jackrabbits have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 30 or more field goals made.
- SDSU has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 22 or fewer field goals made.
- SDSU has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 42.3% field goal percentage.
- This season South Dakota State has won 100% of the time (4-0) when Chad White has 12 points or more, 83% of the time (10-2) when Tony Fiegen has 4 field goals made or more, and 100% of the time (5-0) when Nate Wolters has 7 free throws made or more.
- The Jackrabbits set season highs for steals and three-point percentage.
- The last time SDSU recorded at least 10 steals was Dec 12, 2011 against Dakota State.
- South Dakota State has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--SDSU has a 12.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Nate Wolters accounted for 34.9% of the team's points.
- Nate Wolters has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 19 games this season.
- This marks the 42nd 20-point game of Nate Wolters's career.
- Nate Wolters has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- Brayden Carlson had career highs with 8 rebounds and 7 defensive rebounds.
IPFW Game Notes
- IPFW lost and did not cover the spread.
- Frank Gaines accounted for 31.5% of the team's points.
- Frank Gaines has led the team in scoring 10 times in 19 games this season.
- Frank Gaines has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Mario Hines.