(8-11, 1-11 away)
South Dakota State 83
(13-6, 9-0 home)
Venue: Frost Arena
5:00PM ET / 2:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
|South Dakota State
||F Gaines 18
||M Hines 5
||I McCray 2
|South Dakota State
||N Wolters 21
||J Dykstra 6
||N Wolters 5
IPFW was easily defeated by South Dakota State 83-57 in conference play on Saturday, January 12th. This one was close at the half, with IPFW down by three, but the Jackrabbits proved to be too much in the second half and ended up winning big. Joe Reed put up a season-high 15 points and six rebounds for the Mastodons. Frank Gaines scored 18 points and added four rebounds. For the Jackrabbits, Nate Wolters finished with a game-high 29 points and three rebounds. The next game will be on Thursday, January 17th when IPFW (8-11, 1-4 Summit League) welcomes South Dakota (7-10, 2-1 Summit League).
IPFW Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:42 left to go.
- The last time IPFW started the season 8-11 was 2008.
- IPFW has lost 89% of the time this season (1-8) after recording 22 or fewer field goals made.
- IPFW has lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after committing 18 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 55.6% or better this season, IPFW has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 53.8% or better this season, IPFW has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 14 or more assists this season, IPFW has lost 88% of the time (1-7).
- IPFW set season lows for three-pointers and three-point percentage.
- Frank Gaines accounted for 31.5% of the team's points.
- Frank Gaines has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 19 games this season.
- Frank Gaines has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Mario Hines.
South Dakota State Game Notes
- Nate Wolters accounted for 34.9% of the team's points.
- Nate Wolters has led the team in scoring 12 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 42nd 20-point game of Nate Wolters's career.
- Nate Wolters has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- Brayden Carlson set career highs with 8 rebounds and 7 defensive rebounds.