FL Internationial 76
(8-8, 4-6 away)
Ark-Little Rock 88
(11-8, 11-2 home)
Venue: Jack Stephens Center
4:30PM ET / 1:30PM PT, January 12, 2013
||T Murphy 14
||T Murphy 7
||D Hill 2
||W Neighbour 11
||W Neighbour 6
||J Hagins 3
Florida International faced off with Arkansas-Little Rock on Saturday, January 12th and stumbled against the Trojans 88-76 in conference play. The game got away from Florida International early, as they dug themselves a 51-36 hole at halftime and never got back into it. Marco Porcher Jimenez put up 11 points and two rebounds in the Golden Panthers loss. Deric Hill had 11 points and added five rebounds. For the Trojans, Michael Javes got a career-high 15 points and four rebounds. Florida International (7-8, 2-3 Sun Belt) welcomes North Texas (6-11, 1-5 Sun Belt) on Thursday, January 17th.
Florida International Game Notes
- The last time FIU started the season 8-8 was 2010.
- Florida International has lost 75% of the time this season (2-6) after recording 2 or fewer blocks.
- The Golden Panthers set a season high for three-pointers.
- The last time FIU recorded at least 11 three-pointers was Dec 28, 2010 against Utah Valley University.
- FIU set a season low for rebounds.
- Malik Smith has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 16 games this season.
- Jerome Frink has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 16 games this season.
- Malik Smith has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Tymell Murphy has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Jerome Frink has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Arkansas-Little Rock Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (Will Neighbour and Taggart Lockhart) accounted for 44.8% of the rebounds.
- Will Neighbour has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 19 games this season.
- Will Neighbour set a career high with a 78% field goal percentage.
- Josh Hagins has 3 straight double-digit point games.
|B+||M. Porcher Jimenez||16||11||2||1||0||0||1|