(4-12, 1-10 away)
Southern University 84
(11-6, 7-0 home)
Venue: F.G. Clark Center
5:20PM ET / 2:20PM PT, January 12, 2013
||T Kennedy 13
||D Haynes 6
||T Hammond 3
||M Miller 16
||B Moore 7
||J Grace 3
Arkansas-Pine Bluff was smoked by Southern University 84-50 in conference play on a day when they were outshot 55%-30% by the Jaguars. Arkansas-Pine Bluff dug a hole early, down 33-2 at the break, and was never able to get back in the game. The Golden Lions got a team-high 18 points and four rebounds from Terrell Kennedy. DaVon Haynes had 11 points and added five rebounds. Brandon Moore finished with a season-high 10 points and seven rebounds for the Jaguars. Next up for Arkansas-Pine Bluff (4-12, 3-1 SWAC) is Alcorn State (4-14, 2-1 SWAC) on Monday, January 14th on the road.
Arkansas-Pine Bluff Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 8:10 left to go.
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff started 4-12 during the 2009, 2008, and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff has lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after recording 50 or fewer total points.
- The Golden Lions have lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after having a field goal percentage of 30.4% or worse.
- When the opposition records 11 or more three-pointers this season, Arkansas-Pine Bluff has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 40.7% or better this season, Arkansas-Pine Bluff has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 18 or more assists this season, Arkansas-Pine Bluff has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- UAPB set a season low for blocks.
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past 13 games.
- Terrell Kennedy accounted for 36.0% of the team's points.
- Terrell Kennedy has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 16 games this season.
- Daniel Broughton has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 16 games this season.
- DaVon Haynes has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Southern University Game Notes
- Derick Beltran recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 13.
- The top two scorers (Derick Beltran and Macolm Miller) accounted for 51.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Javan Mitchell and Macolm Miller) accounted for 46.3% of the rebounds.
- Derick Beltran has led the team in scoring 7 times in 17 games this season.
- Javan Mitchell has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 17 games this season.
- Javan Mitchell recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Javan Mitchell has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Javan Mitchell recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Derick Beltran's career.
- Derick Beltran has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Macolm Miller's career.
- Macolm Miller has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- Brandon Moore set career highs with 10 points and a 100% field goal percentage.