Brigham Young 82
(14-4, 3-4 away)
Santa Clara 64
(12-6, 9-4 home)
Venue: Leavey Center
4:30PM ET / 1:30PM PT, January 12, 2013
||T Haws 21
||B Davies 7
||M Carlino 4
||K Foster 19
||M Trasolini 8
||E Roguemore 6
On Saturday, January 12th, Brigham Young took on Santa Clara and won big against the Broncos 82-64 in conference play. The Cougars got the win with 13 points and eight assists (5 Reb 3 Stl) from Matt Carlino. Tyler Haws picked up his fifth straight game with 20 points or more, scoring a game-high 24 points (5 Reb 3 Stl) on 71% shooting in 35 minutes. Tyler Haws also had an excellent game, scoring a game-high 24 points and adding five rebounds. Marc Trasolini recorded a double-double for the Broncos with 17 points and 14 rebounds. Brigham Young (14-4, 4-0 West Coast) hosts Saint Mary's (12-4, 1-1 West Coast) on Wednesday, January 16th.
Brigham Young Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:25 left to go.
- Brigham Young started 14-4 during the 2011, 2008, and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Santa Clara extended the Brigham Young winning streak to 6 games.
- BYU beat the spread by 19.0 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Cougars have beaten the spread.
- The Cougars have won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after recording 82 or more total points.
- Brigham Young has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- BYU has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) when opponents record 64 or fewer total points.
- BYU has won 100% of the time this season (8-0) after holding an opponent to under 38.5% field goal percentage.
- This season Brigham Young has won 77% of the time (10-3) when Brandon Davies has 13 points or more, 71% of the time (5-2) when Tyler Haws plays 35 minutes or more, and 83% of the time (5-1) when Matt Carlino has 5 field goals made or more.
- The Cougars set a season high for three-point percentage.
- The last time BYU had a three-point percentage of 50.0% or higher was Jan 07, 2012 against San Francisco.
- The Cougars have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- Brigham Young has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Tyler Haws and Brock Zylstra) accounted for 47.5% of the points.
- Tyler Haws has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 18 games this season.
- Brandon Davies has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 18 games this season.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Tyler Haws's career.
- Tyler Haws has 5 straight 20+ point games.
- Matt Carlino has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Santa Clara Game Notes
- Santa Clara lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Broncos losing streak to 3 games.
- Marc Trasolini recorded a team season high in rebounds with 14.
- Kevin Foster accounted for 34.3% of the team's points.
- Marc Trasolini accounted for 36.8% of the team's rebounds.
- Kevin Foster has led the team in scoring 9 times in 18 games this season.
- Marc Trasolini has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 18 games this season.
- This marks the 47th 20-point game of Kevin Foster's career.
- Kevin Foster has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Marc Trasolini recorded the 14th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Marc Trasolini recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 10th of his career.
- Marc Trasolini set a career high with 14 rebounds.
- Raymond Cowels III set a career high with 4 steals.
|A||R. Cowels III||26||14||8||1||4||0||1|