(4-14, 0-10 away)
(13-4, 6-1 home)
Venue: Curb Event Center
5:00PM ET / 2:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||M Taylor 16
||M Taylor 7
||J Childs 2
||I Clark 18
||T Noack 5
||K Johnson 5
Tennessee-Martin was blown out by Belmont 90-53 in conference play in a game where they shot just 30%. It was over at the half, as Belmont jumped out to a 46-22 lead and never looked back. Myles Taylor put up a team-high 15 points and eight rebounds in the loss. Justin Childs got 14 points and added seven rebounds. Ian Clark got a career-high 32 points for the Bruins, making 5 of 8 from three-point range. The next game will be on Saturday, January 19th when Tennessee-Martin (4-14, 1-5 OVC) welcomes Morehead State (8-9, 2-1 OVC).
Tennessee-Martin Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 13:52 left to go.
- Tennessee-Martin started 4-14 during the 2010 and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- Tennessee-Martin has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 53 or fewer total points.
- The Skyhawks have lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after having a three-point percentage of 21.4% or worse.
- When the opposition commits 9 or fewer turnovers this season, Tennessee-Martin has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 15 or more free throws made this season, Tennessee-Martin has lost 81% of the time (3-13).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 40.7% or better this season, Tennessee-Martin has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- The Skyhawks set a season high for turnovers.
- The last time UTM recorded at least 25 turnovers was Feb 10, 2011 against Jacksonville State.
- UTM set season lows for assists and field goals made.
- Tennessee-Martin has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 9 games.
- The top two scorers (Myles Taylor and Justin Childs) accounted for 54.7% of the points.
- Myles Taylor has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 12 times in 18 games this season.
- Myles Taylor has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- Jeremy Washington had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
Belmont Game Notes
- Ian Clark recorded a team season high in points with 32.
- Brandon Baker tallied a team season high in steals with 6.
- Ian Clark accounted for 35.5% of the team's points.
- Ian Clark has led the team in scoring 9 times in 17 games this season.
- Blake Jenkins has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 17 games this season.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of Ian Clark's career.
- Ian Clark has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Ian Clark set career highs with 32 points and 12 field goals made.