(4-14, 0-10 away)
(13-4, 6-1 home)
Venue: Curb Event Center
5:00PM ET / 2:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||M Taylor 16
||M Taylor 7
||J Childs 2
||I Clark 18
||T Noack 5
||K Johnson 5
Belmont thumped Tennessee-Martin 90-53 in conference action on a day when the Skyhawks shot just 30% from the floor. It was all Belmont from the beginning and they led 46-22 at the half. The Bruins got a career-high 32 points from Ian Clark, with 15 points coming from three-point range. Reece Chamberlain had nine points and added four rebounds. Myles Taylor got a team-high 15 points and eight rebounds for the Skyhawks. The next game will be on Thursday, January 17th when Belmont (13-4, 4-0 OVC) hosts Eastern Kentucky (13-3, 3-0 OVC).
Belmont Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 13:52 left to go.
- The win over Tennessee-Martin extended the Belmont winning streak to 4 games.
- Belmont beat the spread by 11.0 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Bruins have beaten the spread.
- This was the 7th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Belmont has been on the winning end of 48 blowout games.
- The Bruins have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 15 or more free throws made.
- Belmont has won 89% of the time this season (8-1) when its had a three-point percentage of 40.7% or better.
- Belmont has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when opponents record 53 or fewer total points.
- Belmont has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after holding an opponent to under 21.4% three-point percentage.
- This season Belmont has won 100% of the time (7-0) when Kerron Johnson has 4 free throws made or more and 80% of the time (4-1) when Ian Clark has 5 three-pointers or more.
- The Bruins set a season high for blocks.
- The Bruins have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 6th game at home this season--Belmont has a 31.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Ian Clark recorded a team season high in points with 32.
- Brandon Baker tallied a team season high in steals with 6.
- Ian Clark accounted for 35.5% of the team's points.
- Ian Clark has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 17 games this season.
- Blake Jenkins has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 17 games this season.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of Ian Clark's career.
- Ian Clark has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Ian Clark had career highs with 32 points and 12 field goals made.
Tennessee-Martin Game Notes
- Tennessee-Martin lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 7th blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, UTM has been on the losing end of 33 blowout games.
- The top two scorers (Myles Taylor and Justin Childs) accounted for 54.7% of the points.
- Myles Taylor has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 12 times in 18 games this season.
- Myles Taylor has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- Jeremy Washington set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.