(11-6, 2-6 away)
Cleveland State 74
(10-8, 9-1 home)
Venue: CSU Convocation Center
4:30PM ET / 1:30PM PT, January 12, 2013
||R McCallum 19
||N Minnerath 5
||R McCallum 4
||A Grady 13
||M Mason 5
||C Lee 5
Cleveland State beat Detroit 74-62 in Horizon action on Saturday, January 12th. The Vikings got a season-high 21 points from Bryn Forbes, with 15 points coming from three-point range. Marlin Mason also had an excellent outing, scoring nine points and adding five rebounds. For the Titans, Ray McCallum got a game-high 22 points and four rebounds. Next up for Cleveland State (10-8, 2-2 Horizon) is Milwaukee (4-13, 0-3 Horizon) on Thursday, January 17th on the road.
Cleveland State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:06 left to go.
- Cleveland State started 10-8 during the 2000 and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- CSU beat the spread by 21.0 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Vikings have beaten the spread.
- The Vikings have won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after recording 74 or more total points.
- Cleveland State has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when its had a field goal percentage of 51.9% or better.
- CSU has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when opponents record 62 or fewer total points.
- CSU has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 42.6% field goal percentage.
- This season Cleveland State has won 100% of the time (4-0) when Sebastian Douglas has 11 points or more.
- The Vikings set a season high for three-point percentage.
- The last time CSU had a three-point percentage of 57.1% or higher was Jan 07, 2012 against Loyola (Chicago).
- This is the 8th game at home this season--CSU has a 12.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Bryn Forbes and Tim Kamczyc) accounted for 48.6% of the points.
- Bryn Forbes has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 18 games this season.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Bryn Forbes's career.
- Bryn Forbes has 9 straight double-digit point games.
Detroit Game Notes
- Detroit lost and did not cover the spread.
- Nick Minnerath recorded a team season high in rebounds with 11.
- Ray McCallum accounted for 35.4% of the team's points.
- Nick Minnerath accounted for 32.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Ray McCallum has led the team in scoring 10 times in 17 games this season.
- Nick Minnerath has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 17 games this season.
- Nick Minnerath recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Nick Minnerath recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 3rd of his career.
- Nick Minnerath set a career high with 9 defensive rebounds.
- This marks the 24th 20-point game of Ray McCallum's career.
- Ray McCallum has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Evan Bruinsma.
|D+||J. Howard Jr.||24||2||4||1||0||0||2|