(7-12, 3-12 away)
North Dakota State 73
(15-3, 9-0 home)
Venue: Bison Sports Arena
5:00PM ET / 2:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
|North Dakota State
||T Bader 19
||C Petros 8
||D Mondy 5
|North Dakota State
||T Braun 15
||M Bjorklund 5
||L Alexander 4
North Dakota State shot 60% from the floor and came out on top against Oakland 73-65 in conference action on Saturday, January 12th. TrayVonn Wright had a big game for the Bison and got a career-high 20 points and five rebounds (5 Blk 3 Ast). Lawrence Alexander had 19 points and added eight rebounds. Duke Mondy recorded a double-double for the Golden Grizzlies with 12 points and 12 assists. The next game will be on Thursday, January 17th when North Dakota State (15-3, 5-0 Summit League) goes to IUPUI (5-14, 1-3 Summit League).
North Dakota State Game Notes
- The win over Oakland extended the North Dakota State winning streak to 7 games.
- The Bison have won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after recording 73 or more total points.
- NDSU has won 100% of the time this season (13-0) when opponents record 65 or fewer total points.
- NDSU has won 93% of the time this season (13-1) after holding an opponent to under 42.9% field goal percentage.
- This season North Dakota State has won 93% of the time (14-1) when Taylor Braun has 11 points or more, 100% of the time (6-0) when Lawrence Alexander plays 38 minutes or more, and 83% of the time (5-1) when Marshall Bjorklund has 7 field goals made or more.
- The Bison set a season high for assists.
- The Bison have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 8 games.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--NDSU has a 23.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- TrayVonn Wright recorded a team season high in blocks with 5.
- The top two scorers (TrayVonn Wright and Lawrence Alexander) accounted for 53.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Lawrence Alexander and TrayVonn Wright) accounted for 41.9% of the rebounds.
- TrayVonn Wright has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 18 games this season.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of TrayVonn Wright's career.
- TrayVonn Wright has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- TrayVonn Wright had career highs with 20 points, 8 field goals made, 4 three-pointers, and 5 blocks.
- Marshall Bjorklund has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Marshall Bjorklund had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- Taylor Braun has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Taylor Braun had career highs with a 100% field goal percentage and a 100% three-point percentage.
Oakland Game Notes
- This loss extended the Golden Grizzlies losing streak to 3 games.
- Duke Mondy recorded a team season high in assists with 12.
- Ryan Bass accounted for 33.8% of the team's points.
- Corey Petros accounted for 39.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Ryan Bass has led the team in scoring 3 times in 19 games this season.
- Corey Petros has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 19 games this season.
- Corey Petros recorded the 16th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This game was the 1st double-digit assist game of Duke Mondy's career.
- Duke Mondy recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Duke Mondy set a career high with 12 assists.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Ryan Bass's career.
- Ryan Bass set career highs with 22 points, 9 field goals made, and 4 three-pointers.
- This marks the 21st 20-point game of Travis Bader's career.
- Travis Bader has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Travis Bader.