Boston College 72
(9-7, 2-2 away)
Wake Forest 75
(9-6, 8-2 home)
Venue: Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||R Anderson 16
||R Anderson 9
||J Rahon 4
||C Harris 15
||T McKie 7
||C Miller-McIntyre 2
Wake Forest got a slim victory over Boston College 75-72 in conference action on Saturday, January 12th. The Demon Deacons were led by C.J. Harris, who put up a career-high 29 points plus five rebounds. Travis McKie also had a strong game, scoring 18 points and adding three rebounds (4 Stl 3 Ast). For the Eagles, Lonnie Jackson finished with a season-high 23 points and two rebounds. Wake Forest (9-6, 2-1 ACC) takes on Clemson (9-6, 1-2 ACC) on Tuesday, January 15th on the road.
Wake Forest Game Notes
- Wake Forest started 9-6 during the 2006 and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- WFU beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Demon Deacons have beaten the spread.
- The Demon Deacons have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Wake Forest has won 23 close games.
- The Demon Deacons have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 75 or more total points.
- Wake Forest has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when its had a field goal percentage of 50.9% or better.
- Wake Forest has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after committing 12 or fewer turnovers.
- WFU has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) after holding an opponent to under 41.7% field goal percentage.
- WFU has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record 2 or fewer blocks.
- This season Wake Forest has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Travis McKie has 18 points or more and 83% of the time (5-1) when C.J. Harris has 5 free throws made or more.
- The Demon Deacons set season highs for assists and field goals made.
- The last time WFU recorded at least 29 field goals made was Feb 25, 2012 against Boston College.
- WFU set a season low for free throws made.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--WFU has a 5.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- C.J. Harris recorded a team season high in points with 29 and field goals made with 10.
- C.J. Harris accounted for 38.6% of the team's points.
- Devin Thomas accounted for 35.4% of the team's rebounds.
- C.J. Harris has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 15 games this season.
- Devin Thomas has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 15 games this season.
- Travis McKie has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Travis McKie had a career high with 4 steals.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of C.J. Harris's career.
- C.J. Harris has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- C.J. Harris had career highs with 29 points and 10 field goals made.
- Devin Thomas recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Madison Jones.
Boston College Game Notes
- Boston College lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Eagles have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Boston College has lost 24 close games.
- Lonnie Jackson accounted for 31.9% of the team's points.
- Ryan Anderson accounted for 31.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Ryan Anderson has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 16 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Lonnie Jackson's career.
- Lonnie Jackson has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Ryan Anderson recorded the 15th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ryan Anderson has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Ryan Anderson recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 12th of his career.
- Olivier Hanlan has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Patrick Heckmann.
|B+||A. Adala Moto||17||6||5||1||1||0||1|
|C||A. Roundtree III||7||2||0||0||4||0||1|