William & Mary 59
(7-8, 3-6 away)
(5-11, 5-4 home)
Venue: Mack Sports Complex
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
|William & Mary
|William & Mary
||M Thornton 18
||T Rusthoven 6
||M Thornton 2
||T Buie 14
||J Hall 9
||S Mejia 4
On Saturday, January 12th, Hofstra took on William & Mary and knocked off the Tribe 70-59 in conference play. Stevie Mejia played brilliantly for the Pride and put up 14 points and nine assists. Moussa Kone had eight points and added eight rebounds. For the Tribe, Marcus Thornton finished with 17 points and five rebounds (5 Ast 3 Stl). The next game will be on Wednesday, January 16th when Hofstra (5-11, 2-1 CAA) travels to Northeastern (9-7, 4-0 CAA).
Hofstra Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:18 left to go.
- Hofstra beat the spread by 14.5 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Pride have beaten the spread.
- This season Hofstra has won 100% of the time (4-0) when Stevie Mejia has 14 points or more.
- Hofstra set a season low for steals.
- The Pride have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 7 games.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--Hofstra has a -0.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Stevie Mejia recorded a team season high in assists with 9.
- Taran Buie accounted for 34.2% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Stephen Nwaukoni and David Imes) accounted for 45.9% of the rebounds.
- Taran Buie has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 16 games this season.
- Stephen Nwaukoni has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 16 games this season.
- Stevie Mejia had career highs with 10 free throws made and 9 assists.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Taran Buie's career.
William & Mary Game Notes
- William & Mary lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Tribe losing streak to 5 games.
- Brandon Britt accounted for 35.5% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Tim Rusthoven and Kyle Gaillard) accounted for 43.7% of the rebounds.
- Brandon Britt has led the team in scoring 4 times in 15 games this season.
- Tim Rusthoven has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 15 games this season.
- Marcus Thornton has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Kyle Gaillard.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of Brandon Britt's career.
- Brandon Britt has 3 straight double-digit point games.