On Saturday, January 12th, No. 6 Kansas turned the ball over just nine times and got a win on the road against Texas Tech 60-46 in Big 12 action. Travis Releford guided the Jayhawks and put up 12 points and three rebounds. Kevin Young had a game-high 14 points and added four rebounds. For the Red Raiders, Dejan Kravic got nine points and eight rebounds. The next game will be on Monday, January 14th when Kansas (13-1, 2-0 Big 12) hosts Baylor (10-4, 2-0 Big 12).
Kansas Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:37 left to go.
- Kansas started 14-1 during the 2009, 2004, 2000, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Texas Tech extended the Kansas winning streak to 13 games.
- KU set season lows for assists, blocks, field goals made, total points, and turnovers.
- The Jayhawks have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 13 games.
- The top two scorers (Kevin Young and Travis Releford) accounted for 43.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jeff Withey and Ben McLemore) accounted for 42.3% of the rebounds.
- Jeff Withey has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 15 games this season.
- Travis Releford has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Ben McLemore has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Kevin Young has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Texas Tech Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Jamal Williams, Jr. and Dejan Kravic) accounted for 43.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Dejan Kravic and Jordan Tolbert) accounted for 46.4% of the rebounds.
- Dejan Kravic has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 14 games this season.