(14-1, 2-0 away)
Texas Tech 46
(8-6, 7-6 home)
Venue: United Spirit Arena
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||B McLemore 16
||J Withey 8
||E Johnson 5
||J Crockett 14
||J Crockett 8
||J Gray 3
Texas Tech took a home loss to No. 6 Kansas 60-46 in conference play in a game where they had 16 turnovers. The Red Raiders are still looking for their first win over an AP-Ranked team this season (0-2). The Red Raiders got nine points and eight rebounds from Dejan Kravic. Jamal Williams, Jr. had a team-high 11 points. Travis Releford finished with 12 points and three rebounds for the Jayhawks. The next game will be on Wednesday, January 16th when Texas Tech (8-6, 1-2 Big 12) heads to Oklahoma (11-3, 2-0 Big 12).
Texas Tech Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:37 left to go.
- The last time TTU started the season 8-6 was 2005.
- TTU beat the spread by 4.0 points. That makes the 4th time this season the Red Raiders have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, TTU played 40 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 6-34.
- The Red Raiders have lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 35.4% or worse.
- Texas Tech has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 8 or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 46.3% or better this season, Texas Tech has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- TTU set season lows for field goals made, steals, and total points.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--TTU has a 1.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Jamal Williams, Jr. and Dejan Kravic) accounted for 43.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Dejan Kravic and Jordan Tolbert) accounted for 46.4% of the rebounds.
- Dejan Kravic has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 14 games this season.
Kansas Game Notes
- Kansas won, but did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Kevin Young and Travis Releford) accounted for 43.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jeff Withey and Ben McLemore) accounted for 42.3% of the rebounds.
- Jeff Withey has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 15 games this season.
- Travis Releford has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Ben McLemore has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Kevin Young has 3 straight double-digit point games.
|C+||J. Williams, Jr.||31||11||0||2||2||0||3|