Akron squared off with Northern Illinois on Saturday, January 12th and punished the Huskies 68-53 in MAC action. The Zips were led by Reggie McAdams, who got a season-high 20 points on 100% shooting in 15 minutes. Demetrius Treadwell also had a solid outing, scoring 11 points and adding nine rebounds. Kevin Gray got four points and four rebounds for the Huskies. Akron (11-4, 2-0 MAC) takes on Ball State (7-7, 1-1 MAC) on Wednesday, January 16th at home.
Akron Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:20 left to go.
- Akron started 11-4 during the 2009 and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Northern Illinois extended the Akron winning streak to 7 games.
- Akron beat the spread by 3.5 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Zips have beaten the spread.
- Akron has won 89% of the time this season (8-1) when its had a field goal percentage of 47.8% or better.
- Akron has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 53 or fewer total points.
- Akron has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 32.7% field goal percentage.
- This season Akron has won 83% of the time (5-1) when Nick Harney has 12 points or more and 77% of the time (10-3) when Alex Abreu has 4 assists or more.
- Akron set a season low for assists.
- The Zips have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- The top two scorers (Reggie McAdams and Nick Harney) accounted for 47.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Demetrius Treadwell and Nick Harney) accounted for 42.1% of the rebounds.
- Demetrius Treadwell has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 15 games this season.
- Nick Harney has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Reggie McAdams's career.
Northern Illinois Game Notes
- Northern Illinois lost and did not cover the spread.
- Darrell Bowie recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 11.
- The top two scorers (Darrell Bowie and Abdel Nader) accounted for 43.3% of the points.
- Abdel Nader has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Kevin Gray.